|Direct Polytechnic Admissions Exercise (DPA)|
- Singapore Citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents (SC/SPR) who have registered to sit for the Singapore-Cambridge GCE O Level examinations in the year of the DPA admission exercise.
- Foreign students enrolled in government, government-aided and Independent Schools (excluding private schools) during the year of the application, and who have registered to sit for the Singapore-Cambridge GCE O-level examinations in the year of the DPA admission exercise.
|Polytechnic Foundation Programme (PFP)|
- Secondary 4N(A) students in government, government-aided and independent schools (excluding private schools) taking 2012 Singapore-Cambridge GCE N Level examinations. *Eligible 4N(A) students will be invited to apply for the Polytechnic Diploma courses of their choice under the PFP.
|Joint Admissions Exercise (JAE)|
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents (SC/SPR) with valid Singapore-Cambridge GCE O Level examination results. However, any SC/SPR who was previously admitted to a Junior College, Millennium Institute, Polytechnic are not eligible to apply for an institution in the same category through the JAE.
- Foreign students studying in a government school, government-aided school or Independent School (excluding private schools) in Singapore with valid 2012 Singapore-Cambridge GCE O Level examination results.
- Holders of 2011 or earlier Singapore-Cambridge GCE A Level seeking admission to a 3-year full-time polytechnic course may also apply.
- JAE applicants who wish to appeal for a transfer to a course in a polytechnic may submit an online appeal at the Joint Polytechnic JAE Appeal website. The JAE Appeal posting will be released through the same website.
|Joint Polytechnic Special Admissions Exercise (JPSAE)|
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents (SC/SPR) who sat for the 2012 Singapore-Cambridge GCE O Level examination.
- Foreign students with 2012 Singapore-Cambridge GCE O Level examination results who had studied in a government school, government-aided school or independent school (excluding private schools) in Singapore.
- Applicants demonstrating the attributes/ strong passion to succeed in the industry of the chosen course(s) or possessing outstanding talents/ achievements in co-curricular activities in Sports, Performing Arts, Leadership, Community Service or Entrepreneurship.
|Joint Polytechnic Admissions Exercise (JPAE)|
- Holders of relevant Higher NITEC or ITC/CBS and NITEC/NTC-2 who have sat for Singapore-Cambridge GCE O/N Level
- Final semester graduating ITE students
|Direct Admissions Exercise (DAE) - April Intake|
- Holders of Singapore-Cambridge GCE O Levels who missed the English Language requirement by one grade but have obtained distinctions in both Mathematics and relevant subjects.
- Holders of 2012 Singapore-Cambridge GCE A Levels who had missed JAE application period.
- Relevant ITE Certificate holder without Singapore-Cambridge GCE O/N Level
- Applicants from the Singapore Integrated Programme / School of the Arts (SOTA) who :
- have completed Year 4 or
- have graduated with GCE A Level / International Baccalaureate Diploma
- Former/ current polytechnic students seeking re-admission to the polytechnic, excluding holders of foreign qualifications.
- Holders of foreign qualifications.