Minimum Entry Requirements for GCE O & A Level Holders
Admission is mainly based on academic merit. Selection for admission lies solely within the discretion of the Polytechnic.
Applicants should ensure that they meet the Course Minimum Entry Requirements stated in the respective course outlines. For example, some courses would require a minimum grade of C6 for English Language, whereas some courses do not have this requirement. Applicants should also meet the cut-off points (applicable to Singapore-Cambridge GCE O Level holders) and other requirements for the courses, which they wish to be considered for. Applicants must also be prepared to attend interviews and undergo any aptitude or other tests, when requested.
Applicants seeking admission are required to fulfill the following:
- Duly complete & submit the prescribed application form and the supporting documents within the application period or upon request;
- Be personally responsible for the accuracy and completeness of information provided in their application and other documents/forms submitted to the polytechnic;
- Be certified physically and mentally fit to pursue the course.
The acceptance of an application does not constitute any commitment by Temasek Polytechnic to admit a candidate. The offer of a place also depends upon the number of places available and the quality of those competing for a place.
In the interest of general safety, applicants with medical condition/s may be admitted on a case-by-case basis and may be transferred to another course at the discretion of the Polytechnic.
Admissions Exercises Available
|Admission Exercises||Who can apply?|
|Direct Polytechnic Admissions Exercise (DPA)|
- Singapore Citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents (SC/SPR) who have registered to sit for the Singapore-Cambridge GCE O Level examinations in the year of the DPA admission exercise
- Foreign students enrolled in government, government-aided and independent school (excluding private schools) during the year of the application, and who have registered to sit for the Singapore-Cambridge GCE O Level examinations in the year of the DPA admission exercise
|Joint Admissions Exercise (JAE)|
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents (SC/SPR) with valid Singapore-Cambridge GCE O Level examination results. However, any SC/SPR who was previously admitted to a Junior College, Millennium Institute, Polytechnic are not eligible to apply for an institution in the same category through the JAE
- Foreign students studying in a government school, government-aided school or independent school (excluding private schools) in Singapore with valid 2012 Singapore-Cambridge GCE O Level examination results
- Holders of 2011 or earlier Singapore-Cambridge GCE A Level seeking admission to a 3-year full-time polytechnic course may also apply
- JAE applicants who wish to appeal for a transfer to a course in a polytechnic may submit an online appeal at the ·Joint Polytechnic JAE Appeal website. The JAE Appeal posting will be released through the same website.
|Joint Polytechnic Special Admissions Exercise (JPSAE)|
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents (SC/SPR) who sat for the 2012 Singapore-Cambridge GCE O Level examinations
- Foreign students with 2012 Singapore-Cambridge GCE O Level results who had studied in a government school, government-aided school or independent school (excluding private schools) in Singapore
- Applicants demonstrating the attributes/ strong passion to succeed in the industry of the chosen course(s) or possessing outstanding talents/ achievements in co-curricular activities in Sports, Performing Arts, Leadership, Community Service or Entrepreneurship
|Direct Admissions Exercise (DAE) - April Intake|
- Holders of Singapore-Cambridge GCE O Levels who missed the English Language requirement by one grade but have obtained distinctions in both Mathematics and relevant subjects
- Holders of 2012 Singapore-Cambridge GCE A Levels who have missed the JAE
- Former/ current polytechnic students seeking re-admission to the polytechnic