The creation of a Centre for TransCultural Studies at Temasek Polytechnic marks an exciting new chapter in the development of the Polytechnic. Bringing together expertise and knowledge from across the different schools and departments allows us to create an integrated centre serving both students and industry professionals alike.
Why TransCultural Studies?
More than just intercultural and cross cultural, transcultural connotes transcending national boundaries and cultures, recognising and respecting differences and having the skills and competencies to reconcile and resolve differences.
To be the leading Centre for TransCultural Studies, reputed for excellence and innovation in training, coaching and education for life.
To equip school leavers and executives with the competencies, skills, knowledge and mindset to be future relevant, culturally competent, globally savvy and responsible.
The vision and mission translate into the following goals:
- to create platforms and opportunities for students to develop transcultural competences for future worklife, be it in Singapore or overseas.
- to position TP strategically as a globally connected and locally integrated educational institution in the global education network.
- to provide cross cultural experiences for staff and students.
- to provide partnering opportunities to build TP’s volunteer capital with industry partners through their corporate social responsibility.
- to create opportunities for TP to nurture future generations of global citizens, imbued with a strong sense of community to steward and create a sustainable world.
- to partner with industry to prepare executives for work in the global workplace.