The Professional Certificate in Aerospace Engineering (WSQ Aerospace - Aligned) is a training programme, jointly offered by Temasek Polytechnic (TP) and Lufthansa Technical Training (LTT) Singapore.
Established in April 1990, TP is a significant contributor to the field of para-professional education in Singapore, which provide quality education that is relevant to the economy and industry. A landmark cooperation agreement was signed between TP and LTT in 2007 to train students from the two full-time Aerospace Diplomas namely, Diploma in Aerospace Engineering and Diploma in Aerospace Electronics. TP is the first polytechnic in Singapore to offer an aerospace diploma programme that meets the new SAR-66 standards set by Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS).
Lufthansa Technical Training GmbH is a wholly owned subsidiary of Lufthansa Technik AG and a leading training provider in the aviation industry. In 1999, LTT was the first training organisation to be certified as an EASA Part-147 (formerly known as JAR-147) for basic and type training. LTT received its SAR-147 certification in 2005
- The training will enable trainees to gain knowledge in selected relevant modules of the SAR-66 (Singapore Airworthiness Requirements) Category A1 curriculum. Upon successful completion of each module+, trainees can apply directly to the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS) Category A1 examination for that completed module+.
- A combination of expert-led instruction, computer-based training, and practical exercises in the workshop.
- Additional training is incorporated to equip the trainees for work in the aerospace industry.
+ - this does not include the topic “Aircraft Systems & Gas Turbine Fundamentals”
Appointed CET Centre
Ms Chua Li Si from Intake 3
Who Should Attend
Technical workforce from aerospace industry and other personnel with engineering background.
Mr Lim Yoon WooiStar Trainee Award
During the 6 months of training, I was able to pick up significant new technical knowledge and skills in the PCAE course taught by the knowledgeable and experienced trainers from TP-LTT. After my graduation, I was promoted to Acting Supervisor in Line Maintenance operation at the airport. The course which is aligned to 11 Aerospace WSQ modules definitely helped me to oversee my company's line maintenance operations in the airport with confidence.
- 7 Modules of SAR-66 Category A1
- Additional Computer Based Training
- 6 WSQ Competency Units integrated into the programme
Materials and Hardware
Aircraft Systems & Gas Turbine Fundamentals
WSQ Competency Units (Integrated)
Competency Unit Title
Perform Basic Aircraft Safety Practices & Documentation
Maintain Sheet Metal Structures
Maintain Composite Structures
Perform Electrical Terminations & Connections
Perform Electrical Measurements
Perform General Workshop Practice
At least 3 GCE O Level with credits in English, Math and Physics or NITEC or equivalent. Applicants will also be required to sit for an assessment test.
Upon successful completion of the programme, participants will be awarded the following certifications:
- Professional Certificate in Aerospace Engineering awarded by TP and LTT.
- SAR-66 Category A1 (Partial) Certification for each module+ awarded by LTT.
- Credit exemptions under the WSQ Higher Certificate in Aerospace Maintenance (Component Repair & Overhaul – Mechanical) and 6 Statement of Attainment (SOA).
- Employment in Maintenance Repair & Overhaul (MRO) companies.
- Employment with Original Equipment Manufacturing (OEM) such as engine repair, component repair shops.
- Intake 11 (Full Time): To be confirmed
- Full Time: 8.30 am to 5.00 pm
- Full-time: Approximately 3 months
|Fee per participant (with GST):||S$9,951|
|Assessment fee (with GST):||S$171.20 (non-refundable)|
- Subsidised fee : To be confirmed
- Coy-sponsored trainees get 80% of hourly basic salary capped at $4.50/hr for absentee payroll*
* Terms and conditions apply
|Application closing date:|
- Intake 11 (Full Time): To be confirmed
Note: Temasek Polytechnic reserves the right to alter the course, modify the scale of fees, amend any other information or cancel the course if enrolment is low.
Contact us if your organisation would like a customised programme.
Enquiries & Application
Please register online and submit the relevant supporting documents to: