Every organisation needs some form of career development programme to produce a succession of motivated, upward moving employees. Mentoring is one of the process of preparing staff for future change and career progression. It is often referred to as a journey of prompted discovery. An effective mentor will be looking at longer term career development and helping to improve leadership development and the retention of key talent within the organisation.
This workshop covers the model, key characteristics of the mentoring process and provides participants with a complete framework of how to implement mentoring program within their organisation . In this workshop, participate will learn about the purposes, advantages, and procedures involved in developing a mentoring program. They will be able to examine the program coordinator's role and the guidelines that should be in place before the program begins. Likewise, they will learn about selecting and matching mentors and protégés/mentee and motivating their progress. Finally, participants are provided with best practices resources around Mentoring.
This ‘how- to’ mentoring workshop helps to provide a holistic mentoring framework to hr professionals, business leaders or managers who are keen to implement an effective mentoring program in their organizations.
- Identify both strategic and operational issues associated with mentoring
- Describe the key characteristics of mentoring process
- Explain the key characteristics of each stage of the mentoring relationship.
- Discuss the key roles in mentoring
- Understanding the relationship between mentoring and coaching
- Develop key coaching skills
- Outline the benefits to be attained by mentees, mentors and organizations through participation in mentoring partnerships.
- For experienced or newly appointed managers and team leaders who want to create a supportive learning environment helping staff to improve their skills and knowledge and get the best out of their people;
- Human resources professionals, business leaders or managers who are keen to implement an effective mentoring program in their organizations.
Participants will be issued with a Certificate of Performance upon meeting 75% of the required course attendance.
|Date:||1 Jul 2013|
|Time:||9 am to 6 pm|
|Fee per participant (with GST):||S$321|
|Application closing date:||3 Jun 2013|
Note: Temasek Polytechnic reserves the right to alter the course, modify the scale of fees, amend any other information or cancel classes with low enrolment.
Contact us if your organisation would like a customised programme.
Chris graduated from the National University of Singapore with a Bachelor’s Degree in Arts majoring in Economics & Statistics. She also possesses a Specialist Diploma in Human Resource Development from the Singapore Human Resources Institute and Temasek Polytechnic and a Master of Arts degree in Instructional Design and Technology from Nanyang Technological University (National Institute of Education). Chris has around 15 years of valuable corporate experiences in both the public as well as the private sector with leading MNCs, leading Talent Management, Organisational Development and Learning & Development function.
Chris is a highly qualified curriculum developer who specialises in adult learning methodology. She is highly proficient in the implementation of learning strategies for people of all ages and background. Her approach to training is to achieve learning through active interaction with participants with activities and stories to get participants associated with learning points. She is a strong facilitator who advocates learning through sharing of experiences and best practices.
Enquiries and Application
Download the application form (PDF:244KB) and submit it with the relevant documents to:
Professional Development Centre (PDC)
South Wing Block 26B, Level 1, Unit 49
21 Tampines Avenue 1
Tel: 6788 1212
Fax: 6788 1475
Mon to Fri: 8.30 am to 7.00 pm
Closed on Sat, Sun & Public Holidays