Competition is getting tougher in the hospitality industry as businesses struggle to differentiate themselves from their competitors. This differentiation can only be possible if businesses really understand their customers’ needs and behaviour patterns which can only be achieved through a thorough analysis of available data. This derived ‘intelligence’ can possibly be translated into opportunities for businesses to create better products and services as they would have obtained a deeper insight into their customers’ preferences through such analysis. Business Analytics enables businesses to make better and smarter business decisions.
This short course introduces participants to Business Analytics in the Hospitality, Tourism and Leisure Industries and covers topics such as:
- Introduction to Business Analytics
- Introduction to Dashboard Design
- Introduction to the “What-If” Scenario
- How to use Dashboard to analyze and monitor Business Key Performance Indicators (KPI) in the hospitality, tourism and leisure industries
On completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- identify the fundamental concepts of Business Analytics;
- explain how Business Analytics can be applied to the Hospitality, Tourism and Leisure industries
- apply Dashboard to analyse and monitor Business KPI
- apply Business Analytics to achieve sustainable competitive advantage in the industries.
- Introduction to Business Analytics in Hospitality, Tourism and Leisure Business
- Introduction to Business Analytics Technology for Hospitality, Tourism and Leisure Business
- Basic Dashboard Design Techniques
- Application of the Basic Dashboard Design Techniques
- Advanced Dashboard Design Techniques
- Application of the Advanced Dashboard Design Techniques
- Application of Dashboard for Hospitality, Tourism and Leisure Business
Who Should Attend
IT/IS Executives, Project Manager, Functional Manager, Business Analyst, Individuals who are keen to understand how Business Analytics can be applied to industries
Applicants for this course should have prior experience or knowledge in either IT, Hospitality, Tourism or Leisure industry.
Participants will be issued with a Certificate of Accomplishment upon meeting 75% of the required course attendance and completion of the project work.
|Date:||Intake 3: 11 to 14 Jun 2013|
|Time:||9.00 am to 5.00 pm|
|Venue: ||Temasek Polytechnic|
|Fee per participant (with GST):||S$856|
|Application closing date:||Intake 3: 1 May 2013|
Note: Temasek Polytechnic reserves the right to alter the course, modify the scale of fees, amend any other information or cancel classes with low enrolment.
Contact us if your organisation would like a customised programme.
See Han Seng
Han Seng has been involved in teaching Internet Application Development, Mobile Device Programming, Client Server Application Development, Enterprise Security & Application Management and programming related subjects in Temasek Polytechnic and previously Singapore Polytechnic. He is also a Certified IT Project Manager (CITPM) Associate with the Singapore Computer Society (SCS).
Before joining the Polytechnic he was in the industry for about 10 years, holding the position of IT Manager, Project Manager, Consultant, Senior IT Analyst in Government and Private sectors. He has been involved in a range of different projects such as Enterprise Content Management, Data Warehousing, Portal and Self-Service Kiosk and Workflow related applications. Han Seng holds a BSc in Computer Science & Information Systems.
Eric has been involved in teaching Financial and Business Informatics related subjects in the School of Informatics & IT, Temasek Polytechnic. He holds Master in Business Administration and Master of Science in Computer Engineering. Before joining Temasek Polytechnic, he worked in the industry for more than 9 years, holding positions such as CEO Executive Assistant, Regional Management Information Manager for Asia Pacific, Business Intelligence Analyst, Business Operations Analyst, Corporate Planning executive in various industries like the government sector, semiconductor, logistics, insurance and manufacturing.
Enquiries & Application
Download the application form (PDF) and submit it with the relevant documents to: