For decades, Male clothing has been dominated by classic traditional shapes. Today Men’s Fashion covers a wide array of clothing lines for every occasion from executive wear, through to smart casual and sportswear. Having made an impact and placed as important in the International Fashion scene the industry requires professional training plus vision and creativity to set the trends and designs which can be implemented practically. This change of new concept in menswear offers tremendous opportunities to designers and pattern makers who are interested in this area.
This course is planned for those who wish to further his/her knowledge in the field of menswear. Participants will be able to:-
- Generate and apply ideas, concepts and visual research to reflect originality and innovation to the design process.
- Explore the importance of fabrics and sewing techniques and develop original garment designs in harmony with current trends in menswear. Develop basic principles of drafting patterns and developing the toile.
- Basic principles of drafting Ladies’ and Men’s Wear
- Knowledge and techniques in drafting the basic men’s block in bodice and pants
- Knowledge, principles and techniques associated with construction of men’s shirts and pants.
- Processes involved in creating a first sample. Professional standards of construction are emphasized throughout the course as students cut, layout, and construct a classic/trendy menswear shirt and pants.
Mode of Assessment
Participants will be awarded Skills Certificate in Pattern Drafting & Design for Men's Apparel upon meeting the 75% attendance requirement and passed the assessment.
|Date:||To be advised|
|Time:||Weekday evening: 7pm - 10pm|
Saturday: 9am - 12nn
|Duration:||5 weeks, 3 times a week|
Two weekday evenings & 1 Saturday
|Fee per Participant (Inclusive of GST):||S$840|
|Funding:||Subsidy is available for company sponsored Singapore Citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents participant will enjoy wda funding on course fees. Terms and conditions apply. Companies can apply or funding through SkillsConnect Portal.|
|Application Closing Date:||To be advised|
Note: Temasek Polytechnic reserves the right to alter the course, modify the scale of fees, amend any other information or cancel classes with low enrolment.
Contact us if your organisation would like a customised programme.
For the past 5 years, Jay has been lecturing on Men’s Pattern Drafting at various design colleges in Singapore, such as at Temasek Polytechnic’s School of Design.
He has more than 10 years of experience in the fashion industry, both as a fashion designer and as a pattern drafter. Companies that he has worked with during this period include Jean-Pierre Brangaza in London, Celia Loe, CK Tangs and Trixilini in Singapore.
As one of the founding designers at the design firm - Posse Studios, he has also showcased his works at many prestigious fashion events such as at The Singapore Fashion Festival, Australia Fashion Week and Milan Design Week.
Enquiries & Application
Download the application form (PDF:209KB) and submit it with the relevant documents to: