This 1-day course is designed for logistics professionals to master several practical ways to measure key performances in logistical activities and improve productivity level. The course will cover work study techniques and key performance indicators (KPIs) for breakthroughs in logistical performance.
Participants will be engaged in activity-based learning. At the end of the course, participants are expected to:
- recognise the importance of business processes
- apply effective work study techniques in improving business processes
- identify the value-added activities versus non-value-added activities
- demonstrate effective time measurement and sampling skills
- formulate strategies for key performance indicators (KPIs)
Who Should Attend
Logistics Managers, Executives, Warehouse Supervisors, who want to find out more about the effective logistics productivity measurement and improvement techniques.
The course will cover the following topics:
- Overview of Work Study
- Method Study – Process Chart and Flow Diagram
- Work Measurement – Time Study and Work Sampling Techniques
- Logistics productivity measurement
- Logistics productivity improvement
Participants will be issued with a Certificate of Performance upon meeting 75% of the required course attendance.
- Intake 3: 15 Mar 2013 (Fri)
- Intake 4: 19 Jun 2013 (Wed)
|Time:||9.00 am to 5.00 pm|
|Fee per participant (with GST):||S$250|
|Application closing date:|
- Intake 3: 18 Feb 2013
- Intake 4: 20 May 2013
- Tea-breaks are included
- Lunch is not provided
Note: Temasek Polytechnic reserves the right to alter the course, modify the scale of fees, amend any other information or cancel classes with low enrolment.
Contact us if your organisation would like a customised programme.
Mr Johnny Tan - MBA(Hons), BSc
Johnny is currently a lecturer in Temasek Polytechnic and has been teaching various subjects in logistics and operations management. He has provided consultancy services to the industry in the areas of Business Process Re-engineering (BPR), Project Management, 5S & 7W, Logistics Physical Distribution, Warehousing Operations, Effective Supervision, QCC Facilitation, and etc. Prior to joining Temasek Polytechnic, he has worked in various appointments such as Factory Manager, Program Manager and Administration Manager for the past 14 years
Enquiries & Application
Download the application form (PDF:244KB) and submit it with the relevant documents to: