This course will allow participants to create an interactive website from scratch using an Open-source Content Management System (CMS). Participants will be taken step-by-step through the process of creating an interactive website. They will learn how to maintain and update websites using the functionalities of the CMS. The principles and aptness of using content management systems will also be covered.In the process, participants will also learn about how to use popular open-source plug-ins and modules to create interactive data-driven websites.
On completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Become familiar with the fundamental concepts of web application development.
- Install and develop an open-source website with full Content Management System.
- Install and configure advanced open-source modules and plug-ins to web pages.
- Understand and explain technologies used in web application development.
- Install and configure WAMP (Windows, Apache, MySql and PHP).
- Install Open-Source CMS from scratch.
- Front-end and back-end administration.
- Populate and manage content.
- Design and implement menus.
- Install new templates and modules.
- Install and use components to enhance the functionality of your website.
- Making your website Search Engine Friendly.
Applicants for this course should have some knowledge in basic HTML, CSS and programming fundamentals.
Participants will be awarded Certificate of Performance upon meeting 75% of the required course attendance.
|Date:||11 to 12 Jun 2012|
|Time:||9am to 4pm|
|Fee per participant (with GST):||S$481.50|
|Application closing date:||11 May 2012|
Note: Temasek Polytechnic reserves the right to alter the course, modify the scale of fees, amend any other information or cancel classes with low enrolment.
Contact us if your organisation would like a customised programme.
Mr Sankara is a lecturer in the Informatics & IT School. He teaches in the Diploma in Interactive Media Informatics course. He has double Master’s degree in Computer Science. Sankara is also a Sun Certified Java Programmer.
Enquiries & Application
Download the application form (PDF) and submit it with the relevant documents to:
Professional Development Centre (PDC)
South Wing Block 26B, Level 1, Unit 49
21 Tampines Avenue 1
Tel: 6788 1212
Fax: 6788 1475
Mon to Fri: 8.30 am to 7.00 pm
Closed on Sat, Sun & Public Holidays