The course introduces the roles and responsibilities of a Fire Safety Manager (FSM) for both commercial buildings and industrial premises. You will be exposed to the procedure adopted in running a fire command centre, the use of detection, protection and control systems, fire investigation and formulation of an Emergency Response Plan (ERP) to undertake the role of a FSM.
Individuals who are involved/interested in managing the fire and life safety of facilities/buildings.
1. 5 GCE ‘O’ Level Examination passes including attaining the following grades in:
2. ITE Higher NITEC or Industrial Technician Certificate (ITC)
3. Full GCE ‘A’ Level Certificate (minimum of 2 ‘H2’ and 2 ‘H1’ Level passes including General Paper)
4. Diploma (excluding Specialist Diploma) from local polytechnicsand training institution (NP, NYP, RP, SP, TP or BCA Academy)
5. SIM Diploma in Management Studies
6. Degree from local universities (NTU, NUS, SMU, SUSS)
7. MOM Registered Workplace Safety & Health Officer Certificate
8. FSMAS Certificate in Fire Safety & Emergency Management Course (plus 5 GCE ‘O’ level passes in ANY subject)
9. 5 GCE ‘O’ Level Examination passes (including English and Mathematics) and passed the Pre-Enrolment Test in Science
10. 5 GCE ‘O’ Level Examination passes (including English and Science) and passed the Pre-Enrolment Test in Mathematics
11. 5 GCE ‘O’ Level Examination passes (including Mathematics and Science) and passed the British Council’s International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a minimum band score of 5.5 or proficiency level 6 for all modules under the Workplace Literacy and Numeracy (WPLN) prescribed by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG).
FSM PRE-ENROLMENT TEST
Applicants who possess 5 ‘O’ level examination passes but do not have the required pass in Science and / or Mathematics can apply to sit for the relevant Pre-enrolment Test.
Applicants who possess any 2 “O” level examination passes and a WPLN proficiency level 6 or IELTS band score of 5.5 can apply to sit for the Pre-Enrolment (Science) and (Mathematics) Tests.
The syllabuses covered by the tests are equivalent to the GCE ‘O’ Level Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
To sign up for the respective Pre-enrolment Tests, please click on the following links:
If you do not meet the above mentioned entry requirements, you may submit your qualifications (Certificate and Results Transcript) with your name, email and telephone number to SCDF via Email : firstname.lastname@example.org for verification.
- Fire Detection & Alarm Systems
- Smoke Control Systems
- Basic Fire Science
- Formulation of Emergency Response Plan
- Fire Safety Act & Regulations
- Fire Safety Manager Scheme
- Fire Safety Committee
- Emergency Response Plan
- Evacuation Planning
- Automatic Fire Extinguishing Systems
- Enforcement Procedures
- Fire Extinguisher Theory
- Storage of Fire Hazardous Materials
- E-FSM Registration
- Introduction to Company Emergency Response Team
- CERT Audit Requirements
- Objectives of Fire Safety Design and Tactics
- Emergency Voice Communications
- Command Center & Incident Management
- Table-top Exercise
- Structural Fire Precautions
- FSM Annual Reports & Arson Prevention Plan
- Maintenance of Fire Fighting & Protection Systems
- Building Inspection & Testing
Participants upon successfully completed the course will be eligible to register with SCDF as a certified Fire Safety Manager.
Course Fee (with GST)
|Full Course Fee||$1,435.94|
|Singapore Citizens aged 39 years old and below / Singapore Permanent Residents||$430.78|
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 years old and above / SME-Company sponsored Singapore Citizens & Singapore Permanent Residents||$162.38|
|Workfare Training Scheme (WTS)*||$95.28|
* Eligible participant must be Singapore Citizen of 35 years and above with monthly salary not more than $2000 per month. Applicants are required to submit a soft copy of his/her WTS letter to email@example.com.
Please refer to www.workfare.sg for more information on WTS.
Submit on-line application via:
https://bluesky.tp.edu.sg/PTOAS.aspx (Please select Course Code: ZB4)
Temasek SkillsFuture Academy
East Wing Block 1A, Level 3, Unit 81
21 Tampines Avenue 1
8.30 am to 7.00 pm (Mon to Fri)
Closed on Sat, Sun & Public Holidays
Temasek Polytechnic reserves the right to alter the course, modify the scale of fee, amend any other information or cancel course with low enrolment.