IESVE Building Energy Modeling and Simulation (Basic Level)
Buildings constitute the largest energy consuming sector, with one third of all the final energy and half of global electricity consumed. They are also responsible for one – third of the global carbon emissions. This training course is to equip the trainee to adopt the building performance simulation / design options in order to have better building design for energy efficiency / savings.
Who Should Attend
Architects, Consultant, Engineers
For course details, click here.
- Setting up a new project and using existing templates
- Set site location and weather data for analysis
- Setting up user preferences for modelling and simulation
ModelIT & Suncast
- Create 3D model geometry with the help of various drawing tools.
- How to add glazing, doors and openings in the model
- Change orientation of the building
- Add shades and adjacent buildings into the model
- Renaming and grouping of spaces in Model IT for simulation and analysis
- Conduct solar energy and exposure analysis in terms of kWh/m2 or total number of hours exposed
- Create images and animations of solar shading in and around the building
- Assign surface properties such as reflectance and transmittance values for the interiors and glazing
- Conduct daylighting analysis and see lux levels on a working plane
- Place artificial lights inside a space with the help of a design tool in FlucsPro
- Conduct artificial lighting analysis
- Assign surface properties to the constructions used in the model
- Conduct glare and lux level study inside a room
- Create photorealistic 3D images in perspective view
Apache – Building Template Manage
- Create new construction templates based on material specifications
- Create profiles that best explains the operation hours of your building
- Create internal gain input profiles to the space such as lighting, people, equipment etc.
Apache – Cooling load calculations
- Assign construction templates and thermal templates
- Assign thermal spaces based on space grouping
- Create meters and energy sources to quantifying individual energy consumption
- Conduct heating and cooling load calculation using ASHRAE heat balance method
Apache – Dynamic simulations (load)
- Analyse cooling load profile for the entire building and specific room performances using Vistapro
- Option for adding different renewable energy sources such as PV, Wind and CHP
- Perform dynamic simulation for one full year to see the performance of the building
Certificate of Accomplishment
The training team comprises trainers from Temasek Polytechnic. The trainers are WSQ certified electrical engineers with direct experiences of setting up and commissioning grid-connected solar photovoltaic systems and battery energy storage systems in buildings.
Enquiries & Application
Submit on-line application via:
(Please select Course Code: ZK9)
Temasek SkillsFuture Academy
East Wing Block 1A, Level 3, Unit 81
21 Tampines Avenue 1
8.30 am to 7.00 pm (Mon to Fri)
Closed on Sat, Sun & Public Holidays
Temasek Polytechnic reserves the right to alter the course, modify the scale of fee, amend any other information or cancel course with low enrolment.