Letter from Principal & CEO
1 Jun 2021
Since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have all been working tirelessly to keep Temasek Polytechnic (TP) safe for students and staff. This has enabled teaching and learning to continue in TP amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, and this would not have been possible without the good work and cooperation from everyone.
COVID-19 Vaccination Programme
2. Singapore has commenced COVID-19 vaccination since the end of last year, with the plan to vaccinate the population progressively in the coming months. While COVID-19 vaccination is not mandatory, the government is strongly encouraging all Singaporeans and residents to take up the vaccination when it is made available to them given that vaccination is one of the key enablers for Singapore to emerge safely and as quickly as possible from the pandemic.
3. As announced by MOE on 31 May 2021, we will be extending the vaccination exercise to our students including polytechnic students. By 6 June 2021, you should have received an SMS invitation to book your vaccination. Once you receive your SMS notification and have decided on the vaccination, do book an appointment as early as possible. You are strongly encouraged to choose the earliest convenient slot, and take advantage of the term break.
Registering for Vaccination via the National Appointment System
4. For students 18 and above
a. You will receive a SMS invitation with a unique registration link to the National Appointment System (NAS). Please contact your respective school’s general office at 6788-2000 if you do not receive your SMS invitation by 6 June 2021.
b. Use the SMS link to book a vaccination appointment at any of the vaccination centres, 20 polyclinics, or Public Health Preparedness Clinics operating as vaccination sites. You are strongly encouraged to go into the system quickly to book a slot.
c. Submit a health declaration online via the system.
5. For students below 18
a. Your parents/legal guardian will receive a SMS invitation with a unique registration link to the National Appointment System (NAS) by 6 June. Please contact your respective school’s general office at 6788-2000 if your parents/legal guardian does not receive the SMS invitation by 6 June 2021.
b. Your parents/legal guardian will have to use the SMS link to book a vaccination appointment at any of the vaccination centres, 20 polyclinics, or Public Health Preparedness Clinics operating as vaccination sites. Please remind your parents/legal guardian to go into the system quickly to book a slot.
c. Your parents/legal guardian will grant consent through the NAS and submit a health declaration online.
d. For students who have issues with reaching out or seeking consent from your parents/legal guardian for the vaccination, please approach your Care Person for assistance or contact us at 67882000.
6. We would like to encourage you to sign up for vaccination if you are medically eligible, as this helps to protect yourselves, your loved ones and our community. Being vaccinated will go a long way to help our country to emerge from the pandemic quickly and safely. The infographic attached in this message summarises the key points of the vaccination exercise for students. You can also go to this website (www.tp.edu.sg/vaccination) to find out more about COVID-19 vaccination.
7. In addition, Ministry of Education will be holding a Zoom Webinar session with an MOH medical expert and MOE representatives on 1 June at 5:00pm-6:00pm and on 3 June at 12:00pm -1:00pm. You are invited to join the webinar at the following link:
Let us continue to stand together in fighting this pandemic, and keep TP, our community and our loved ones safe.
Principal & CEO | Temasek Polytechnic