Co-Curricular Activities Scholarship / Sponsorship Scheme
The Co-Curricular Activities (CCA) Scholarship and Sponsorship Scheme is awarded to students who have contributed significantly to their CCAs in the Polytechnic.
Application for the CCA Scholarship and Sponsorship Scheme is closed. Please look out for the new application window in February/March 2021.
Eligibility of Daisy Phay TP Foundation CCA Scholarship
- Year 1 and Year 2 students of the Polytechnic.
- Singapore Citizens only
- Gross monthly household per capita income (PCI) of $2,250 and below
- Not currently in receipt of any other scholarships or bursaries (other than government bursaries, i.e. Higher Education Community Bursary and Higher Education Bursary) in AY2020/2021 / Tertiary Tuition Fee Subsidy (TTFS) from Yayasan Mendaki in AY2020/2021
- Not currently financially sponsored by employers
- No academic and/or disciplinary warning
Value of Scholarships
- The value of a scholarship is $3,000.00, which will cover a large part of the full tuition fee for one academic year.
- Selection is based on a set of pre-determined criteria, which includes amongst other things, standard of achievement, attendance, level of contribution, scale and number of projects, and demonstration of character, leadership skills, sportsmanship and values.
- Shortlisted applicants may be notified to present themselves to the Selection Committee for an interview.
- Successful applicants can receive only one scholarship/sponsorship.
- The selection of applicants will be left to the Selection Committee, and the decision of the Committee is final. Neither direct communication nor appeals will be entertained.
- The award may be withdrawn from the recipient, should inaccurate facts or information be given at the time of application.
- The Polytechnic reserves the right not to award any of the scholarships if no suitable candidates are identified.
- Awardees are expected to fulfil the obligations of the Scholarship / Sponsorship.
Applicants should have fulfilled the following minimum criteria:
- No academic or disciplinary warning for the year of application;
- No CAT1 disciplinary record or serious academic-related offence;
- Have been actively involved in their CCAs for the year of application and preferably in the preceding year, and have made significant contribution in their respective CCAs;
- Have displayed exemplary sportsmanship/showmanship/leadership and conduct in their respective CCAs;
- Have maintained a good level of attendance/involvement for the year;
- Have preferably been recipients of a CCA Award;
- Show potential in performance and leadership excellence;
- Special consideration will be given to applicants who face financial difficulties or constraints
- Represented the Polytechnic in inter-tertiary competitions (at least 5 participating institutions) and achieved at least a silver medal in individual or team events for POL-ITE or equivalent, or a bronze medal for IVP or National-level equivalent.
- Performed / participated in a combination of at least 4 internal and/or external high profile events and achieved commendable standards in performance.
- Performed the role of Organiser / Assistant Organiser / Coordinator and led at least 3 CCA projects or 2 significant high profile projects.
(SEAL transcript must clearly state and highlight the role of Organiser / Assistant Organiser / Coordinator)
For enquiries, please contact: email@example.com
Co-Curricular Activities Scholarships FAQ
- So what do I do now?
- How do I know the students’ PCI or if they are already holders of other scholarship or bursary schemes?