Co-Curricular Activities Scholarships / Sponsorship Schemes
Co-Curricular Activities (CCA) Scholarships and Sponsorship schemes are awarded to students who have contributed significantly to CCAs in the Polytechnic. Significant CCA contributions are taken into consideration in the selection process.
The CCA Scholarships and Sponsorship schemes are open for submission until 15 March 2019, Friday, 5.30pm.
- Year 1 and Year 2 students of the Polytechnic.
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
- Gross monthly household per capita income (PCI) of $1900 and below
- Not currently in receipt of any other scholarships or bursaries (other than government bursaries i.e. CDC/CCC Bursary and MOE Bursary) in AY2018/2019/Tertiary Tuition Fee Subsidy(TTFS) from Yayasan Mendaki in AY2018/2019
- Not currently financially sponsored by employers
- No academic and/or disciplinary warning
Value of Scholarships
- The value of a Scholarship is $2,500.00, which will cover a large part of the amount of full tuition fee for one academic year.
- On receiving the application form, the selection committee will consider the applicant for the category that is most applicable.
- Selection is based on a set of pre-determined criteria, which includes amongst other things, standard of achievement, attendance, level of contribution, scale and number of projects, and demonstration of character, leadership skills, sportsmanship and values.
- Shortlisted applicants may be notified to present themselves to the Selection Committee for an interview.
- Successful applicants can receive only one scholarship/sponsorship.
- The selection of applicants will be left to the Selection Committee, and the decision of the Committee is final. Neither direct communication nor appeals will be entertained.
- The award may be withdrawn from the recipient, should inaccurate facts or information be given at the time of application.
- The Polytechnic reserves the right not to award any of the scholarships if no suitable candidates are identified.
- Awardees are expected to fulfil the obligations of the Scholarship / Sponsorship.
Applicants should have fulfilled the following minimum criteria:
- no academic or disciplinary warning for the year of application;
- no CAT1 disciplinary record or serious academic-related offence;
- has been actively involved in CCA for the year of application and preferably in the preceding year, and has made significant contribution in the respective CCA;
- has displayed exemplary sportsmanship/showmanship/leadership and conduct in the respective CCA;
- maintained a good level of attendance/involvement for the year;
- has preferably been a recipient of a CCA Award;
- shows potential in performance and leadership excellence;
- special consideration will be given to applicants who face financial difficulties or constraints
- Represented the Polytechnic in inter-tertiary competitions (at least 5 participating institutions) and achieved a Silver medal in individual or team events for POL-ITE or equivalent, or Bronze medal for IVP or National-level equivalent.
- Has performed / participated in a combination of at least 4 internal and/or external high profile events and achieved commendable standards in performance.
- Has performed the role of Organiser / Assistant Organiser / Coordinator and led at least 3 CCA projects or 2 significant high profile projects.
(SEAL transcript must clearly state and highlight the role of Organiser / Assistant Organiser / Coordinator)
Download application form here
Co-Curricular Activities Scholarships FAQ
- So what do I do now?
- Which scheme should I apply for?