Work-From-Home (WFH) and Home-Based Learning (HBL) will continue to be our pre-dominant modes of operation for us this semester. We will exercise caution as measures are progressively lifted. TP is allowing more students to return to campus for selected practical lessons, tutorials and consultations. Staff, students and visitors are to strictly observe our Safe Management Measures (SafeMM). You can do this!
COVID Safe Management Measures (SafeMM)©
#TeamTemasek Stays Healthy
TP is focused on the health and safety of our community as we continue to open our campus for selected lessons while abiding by the Safe Management Measures (SafeMM)©.
Let’s continue to take steps to protect ourselves and others by working/studying remotely, and by following important health and safety protocols. #TeamTemasek, it’s up to us to prevent the spread and keep TP healthy!
Due to the pandemic, only visitors on official TP business are allowed on campus.
#TeamTemasek's House Rules
- Only come to campus if you are instructed by your School to return for on-campus practical lessons, tutorials and consultations, but please first ensure that you are well. Stay home if you or persons living in the same house as you, are issued with a Stay Home Notice (SHN), a Quarantine Order (QO) or are unwell with Covid-19 symptoms. Symptom checker https://sgcovidcheck.gov.sg/.
- For staff, students or household members who are unwell or on QO, staff/students must not come on campus for the entire duration of their QO, MC or LOA even if the COVID-19 test returns a negative result
- Staff and students must not come to campus if you have been notified by MOH to take a swab test or if you have missed your Rostered Routine Test (RRT)/ Enhanced RRT.
- Staff who can work from home must continue to do so. Staff who need to return for on-campus practical lessons, tutorials and consultations etc., need to get the approval of their Directors.
- All staff and students must wear face masks on campus at all times. Face shields must be worn with the face masks (except for teaching staff DURING teaching).
- Teaching staff have the option to wear face shields instead of face masks, while conducting lessons, for more effective teaching. Face shields are meant for larger classroom teaching (e.g. teaching staff in front of room where students are seated away) and not for close proximity teaching.1
- Any staff or student who is unwell should see a doctor immediately. If you are unwell with Acute Respiratory Infection (ARI), inform your doctor that you are from an education institution.
 Teaching staff wearing face shields when teaching should maintain a safe distance away from any other persons.
- Drivers may enter from both the East and West gates. Passengers are to be dropped off/picked up at the Main Foyer.
- Cyclists as well as those who walk into the campus or come via the overhead bridge must enter via the Main Foyer.
- Special educational needs students should contact the Student Support & Career Services (SSCS) at 6780 5959 for assistance.
- All meals delivery can only be picked up outside the Main Foyer.
- When leaving, those who are walking can exit the campus through the Main Foyer, East Gate, West Gate, and the main overhead bridge.
- Always display your temperature badge or the temperature sticker prominently while on campus.
- Observe safe distancing at all times. Where the one-metre safe distance is not possible, groups of eight (GO8) persons may be permitted but groups must have a one to two-meter separation between each other.
- Remember to take your temperature using your temperature badge before you enter campus and ensure that the LED light on the badge is blinking green at all times. If you do not have a temperature badge, be sure to get a temperature sticker at the screening station. Ensure that you display the valid temperature sticker at all times, one for the morning and one for the afternoon.
- While the open benches and tables on campus may be used while waiting for your next on-campus lesson or if you are unable to go home in time for HBL, do remember to observe safe distancing and wear your face masks at all times. Also, limit intermingling with students outside each timetable group. It is best that you leave campus as soon as your lessons are over.
- If you are using the laboratory/workshop, ensure to clean your equipment and workspace before leaving the facility.
- The library is now open.
- You will be informed as CCA training gradually resumes but with very stringent safe management measures in place.
- Comply with the instructions of our Safe Distancing Ambassadors as they make their rounds to ensure everyone’s safety.
- Where the 1-metre safe distancing is not possible especially for lessons, groups of 8 persons (GO8) are permitted but do ensure that the groups are separated by at least 1 to 2 metres.
- All meetings should be held online where practicable, but if this is not possible, you can meet face-to-face, but remember to comply with prevailing safe distancing and face mask measures.
- When working in the laboratory, workshop or rooms, ensure that there are no more than 50 persons and remember that it is mandatory to comply with prevailing safe distancing and face mask measures.
- Most importantly, do remember to conduct the Health Check at every lesson/meeting with students.
For staff only
- Conduct meetings online where possible.
- If you need to meet physically, make sure you register your visitor.
- Before bringing in visitor, get approval from the designated staff in your school/department and register your visitor with EFM (Security).
- Keep the number of visitors as small as possible.
- Alert your visitor about the SafeMM rules:
- Activate TraceTogether
- Check in/out using TraceTogether Only SafeEntry (ToS)
- Complete visitor registration
- Wear face mask at all times
- Observe safe distancing
- Keep visit under 30 min
- Staff and students of TP, NIEC and SIT, as well as EFM contractors, are exempted from visitor registration.
Lights, Camera, Action!
Before bringing in a film crew
- Make sure you get approval from D/CC for the event and for staff and students returning to campus for the film shoot.
- Inform EFM (Security) of all persons coming to campus.
- All staff involved should inform HR before you return to campus for the film shoot.
- Staff involved should not return to campus if there are person(s) in your household who are unwell.
- Alert the film crew that they have to:
- Arrive at the West Gate
- Register as visitors
- Have their temperature taken
- Activate TraceTogether
- Check in using TraceTogether Only SafeEntry (ToS)
While on campus
- Film crew and all involved should wear face masks and observe 1m safe distancing at all times.
- If there are more than 8 persons involved in filming and 1m distancing is not possible, organize them into Groups of 8 (GO8).
- Within each GO8, less than 1m distancing is allowed.
- Between GO8s, at least 1m distancing is required. If possible, 2m distancing is preferred.
- To reduce the risks from intermingling, persons involved should remain within their G08 and avoid physical contact with other G08.
- Film crew and all persons involved should leave campus as soon as filming is wrapped up.
- Remind all to check out using TraceTogether Only SafeEntry (ToS).
For staff only
Before returning to campus, staff have to obtain approval from their Directors.
Only staff in the approval list may return to campus.
Staff who return to campus should confine your activities to your place of work where possible.
WFH is still the predominant model. Staff should return to campus only if you need to conduct or support:
- On-campus practical lessons
- Tutorials and consultations
- Approved critical functions
Staff should leave the campus as soon as you complete your tasks or work for the day.
Reach your colleagues without physical proximity by using phone or MS Teams where possible.
Manage risks by:
- Splitting work teams to increase resilience and carry on business as usual.
- Staggering operations hours where practical.