OBJECTIVES OF THIS MODULE
In this module, students will focus their learning on various artists and art movements. At the end of the module, students will be able to:
• Engage in art elements and design principles.
• Explore variants of creative compositions for art and design.
• Explain the art and design processes.
• Extend their learning experience for future art and design applications.
• Evaluate their achievements in art and design.
Students will be assessed on the following criteria:
• Individual Work - 80%
• Group Work - 20%
There are altogether 4 exercises which include visual, oral and written presentation :
• Assignment 1 (eg. creative image making - modern art style 1) - 30%
• Assignment 2 (eg. creative image making - modern art style 2) - 30%
• Assignment 3 (eg. group work on visual literacy @ the art gallery) - 20%
• Assignment 4 (eg. design portfolio presentation) - 20%
Students are required to:
- Fulfill 75% of the attendance and
- Obtain a pass mark of at least 50% upon completion of the module.