At the end of the module, students will be able to:
- Explain the key varieties and growing conditions of at least two local sources of food.
- Differentiate the way flavours act on the sensory experience of food.
- Practice good food safety and sanitation processes.
- Execute cooking and baking/pastry technique.
- Describe components of a table setting.
- Execute two napkin folds.
Students will be assessed based on the following criteria:
- Class Participation: 10% (Individual)
- Tasting Assignment: 30% (Individual)
- Food Fight: 40% (Group)
- Dining Service: 20% (Individual)
Students are required to:
- Fulfill 75% of the attendance and
- Obtain a pass mark of at least 50% upon completion of the module.