OBJECTIVES OF THIS MODULE
In this module, students will focus their learning on generating ideas, sketching concepts, developing design options and presenting design proposals based on a brief. At the end of the module, students will have a better understanding in:
• Appreciation for basic design.
• Exploration of ideas and concepts.
• The Design Method.
Students will be assessed on the following criteria:
• Individual Work - 80%
• Group Work - 20%
There are altogether 4 exercises which include visual, oral and written presentation :
• Assignment 1 (eg. multiple design activities - individual) - 30%
• Assignment 2 (eg. collaborative group work) - 20%
• Assignment 3 (eg. field trip incorporated project - individual) - 30%
• Assignment 4 (eg. design presentation - individual) - 20%
Students are required to:
- Fulfill 75% of the attendance and
- Obtain a pass mark of at least 50% upon completion of the module.