Professional Conversion Programme For Security Professionals
The “Professional Conversion Programme for Security Professionals” is a career conversion programme targeted at job seekers who are Professionals, Managers, Executives and Technicians (PMETs), including mid-career switchers, to undergo skills conversion and move into the security industry.
This programme is funded by “Workforce Singapore” and administered by the Security Industry Institute (SII).
The following are some programme criteria. The applicant should
- be a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- be of minimum 21 years of age.
- have attained minimum ITE or Diploma qualification or have previously held PMET positions
- not be involved in any existing bond obligations with any organisation
- have graduated or completed national service for at least 2 years.
- can be mid-career switchers from a different industry.
- perform a job scope which is substantially different from that in his previous position.
- be hired in the 3 functional areas of Operations, Technology or Compliance.
- be employed at a monthly salary of at least SGD$3,000 (Basic + Fixed Monthly Component).
- be offered a minimum employment contract of 1 year.
Successful applicants will undergo a 3-month structured training plan and be equipped with core security and functional competencies via:
Facilitated Training (At least 80 hours)
Includes at least 6 days of courses aligned to Skills Framework (SFw) for Security and up to 5 days of SSG-funded industry relevant short courses. (e.g. “Outcome-based Contract” & “Red Teaming” workshops, etc.)
On-the-Job Training (Up to 448 hours)
For more information: Please email us at SIIEvents@TP.EDU.SG
For registration: Please visit the WSG website
Employers of the successful candidate will be given salary support. Please note that the salary support is for a period of 3 months.
|WSG's Funding to Employers||Standard Rate||Enhanced Rate|
|Salary Support||Up to 70% of Monthly Salary
(capped at $4,000 per month)
Up to 90% of Monthly Salary
For Long-term Unemployed1 Singapore Citizens (SC) trainees
1 – “Long-Term Unemployed” is defined as being unemployed and actively seeking employment for six months or more.
2 – “Mature trainee” is defined as being aged 40 and above.
With the introduction of the Jobs Growth Incentive (JGI), for individuals newly hired under the programme, between 1 September 2020 and 30 September 2021, the salary support will now be disbursed over a longer period, comprising the training duration and an additional retention period, equivalent to the training duration.
Employers interested in participating, please email us at SIIEvents@TP.EDU.SG.