28 July 2021: The videos for the TP Graduation 2021 Online Ceremony held on 11 May 2021, sessions 31-35 are now available for viewing. Please click here to access the videos.
16 July 2021: The Security Industry Conference (SIC) 2021 is now open for registration. For details of SIC programme and registration, please click here.
9 July 2021: Please note that the registration portal for courses which are to be conducted from 1 August 2021 onwards will be under maintenance from 7.00pm on 13 July 2021 to 7.00am on 14 July 2021. Registration for courses with course start date up till 31 July 2021 will still be available from the existing portal. We beg your kind pardon for the inconvenience.
24 June 2021: SII will be introducing a new platform for course registration from 1 July 2021 in order to serve you better. Registration for courses which are to be conducted from 1 August 2021 onwards will only be available from the new platform. Registration for courses with course start date up till 31 July 2021 will still be available from the existing platform. Please choose the correct link when registering for your courses from 1 July 2021.
15 June 2021: SII and Workforce Singapore (WSG) will be hosting a “PCP Programme Preview” (Online via ZOOM) for our “Professional Conversion Programme for Security Professionals” especially for employers in security services on 12 July 2021 from 10am to 12pm. Employers will be able to find out more about the programme as well as to clarify any queries directly. Please click here for more information .
18 Dec 20: Good news! SII will be rolling out the following International Association of Privacy Professional (IAPP) courses from 2021 onwards:
1. Certified Information Privacy Manager (includes Certification exam fee)
2. Certified Information Privacy Professional / Europe (includes Certification exam fee)
3. Certified Information Privacy Professional / Asia (includes Certification exam fee)
4. Certified Information Privacy Technologist (includes Certification exam fee)
Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPP) will be held from 25 to 27 Jan 2021. Applications are now open. Please click here and look for course code WJV to apply.
Fee Type Item Total Fees (w GST) Full Course Fee S$3,370.50 Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents S$1,011.15 Singapore Citizens aged 40 & above S$381.15
SME-Company sponsored Singapore Citizens & Singapore Permanent Residents
The target audience is:
i) Data Protection Officer and Group Data Protection Officer. These roles are listed in SkillsFuture Framework for ICT under “Strategy and Governance”.
ii) Lawyers and in house legal counsels
iii) Auditor, Risk managers, compliance officer for corporate governance enforcement and audit purposes
10 December 2020: Please note that SII will not be offering the following modules for public classes temporarily until further notice. These course are still available for corporate classes. Companies who are interested, please contact us at SIIEvents@tp.edu.sg
• Security Screening Management (Conduct Screening & Search Of Vehicles)
• Executive Protection (Provide People Protection Services)
• Guard And Patrol (Provide Mobile Patrol Services)
• Incident Response (Assist In The Evacuation Of Premises)
• Guard And Patrol (Minimise Retail Theft And Loss)
• Security Operation Compliance (Perform Security Operations Within Legal Framework)
• Crowd & Traffic Control Management(Supervise Crowd & Traffic Activity)
• Incident Response (Contribute To The Management Of Security Incidents)
• Access Control Management (Perform Security Command Centre Activities At Client'S Premises)
• Manpower Planning (Develop A Manpower Deployment Plan)
• Contingency Management (Assess & Manage Risk Control Measures)
• Contract Management (Prepare And Submit Tender For Security Services)
• Access Control Management (Plan And Implement Security Systems)
• Security Risk Analysis (Conduct Security Survey)
• Financial Management (Manage Security Business)
16 October 2020: Training at Satellite Campuses have been suspended due to the COVID19 pandemic. SII regrets the inconvenience caused.
3 July 2020: The SGUnited Skills (SGUS) programme is a 6 to 12-month full-time training programme designed to help unemployed Singaporeans/PRs to upskill and reskill themselves with industry-relevant skills and knowledge. The training will be conducted on a full-time basis, but in modular format, so that trainees can have the flexibility to exit the programme once they have found a job. You can read more about the SGUS programme.
“Up-skill in Security Operations” is part of the SGUnited Skills (SGUS) programme which is designed to help unemployed Singaporeans/PRs to upskill themselves with industry relevant skills and knowledge. Please click here for the details and apply here using course code ONA. The closing date is 19 July 2020.
1 July 20: From 1 Jul 20 to 31 Dec 22, NTUC Union members who are aged 40 and above will receive more support to upgrade their current skills and learn new ones (via UTAP). They can use up to $500 a year to defray up to half of the out-of-pocket expenses for course fees. Younger workers will still get $250 a year. Please read about it here.
15 Jun 20 : Important Announcement Workfare Skills Support Scheme (WSS) will replace the Workfare Training Support Scheme (WTS) from 1 Jul 2020. There will be no course funding under WSS; hence trainees eligible for WSS will receive prevailing course fee funding under the various SkillsFuture schemes similar to non-WSS eligible trainees.
Increase income cap to $2,300/month
The income cap will be raised from $2,000/month to $2,300/month. Please note that an individual’s eligibility for WSS is determined using official government records. The WSS database will be refreshed periodically as income data is updated.
Changes to Training Allowance (TA) quantum and conditions for self-sponsored trainees (applies only to courses that start from 1 Jul 2020 onwards)
TA will be limited to only outcome-based courses offered by SSG-appointed CET centres (e.g. Security Industry Institute), and selected courses in sectors that adopted the Progressive Wage Model, namely, Environmental Services, Security, Landscape and Lift sector;
The quantum of TA will be raised from $4.50 to $6 per hour, capped at 180 training hours per WSS eligibility year (i.e. July in the current year to June of the following year).
Changes to Training Commitment Award (TCA) quantum and conditions (apply only to courses that commence from 1 Jul 2020)
The award quantum for any 2 combinations of the following will be at $100 per pair, with a sub-cap of $200 per WSS eligibility year:
- WSQ SOA
- Academic CET Modular Cert (MC) / Post-Diploma Cert (PDC)
- Certifiable Courses accredited or supported by SSG;
The award quantum will be raised from $200 to $500 for each full WSQ Qualification and Academic CET Qualification (Poly and ITE) attained, and the TCA annual dollar cap will be raised from $400 to $1,000 per WSS eligibility year.
Should you require any clarification, please contact SSG at 6785 5785 or their feedback portal at https://portal.ssg-wsg.gov.sg/feedback.
14 May 20: As part of the transition of Enterprise functions from the “SkillsConnect” to “Enterprise Portal for Jobs & Skills” (EPJS) platform, “SkillsConnect” will become unavailable from 1 June to 5 July 2020. All Enterprises/Companies are advised to complete their submission for transactions like “Training Grant Applications (i.e. Absentee Payroll Funding)” and other claims via “SkillsConnect” by Sunday, 31 May 2020, 11.59pm. Thereafter, these transactions will be available via the “EPJS” platform from 6 July 2020. Please click here for more information or visit the SSG website for the details.
5 May 20: Due to COVID-19 pandemic, SII will temporarily shelve the courses at satellite campuses (Lifelong Learning Institute & Jurong East)
24 April 20: SII is pleased to offer the following face-to-face training during the circuit breaker period. As seats are limited, please sign up early to avoid disappointment!
1. Guard and Patrol (Provide Guard and Patrol Services) (SEC-SOP-1007-1.1)
2. Incident Response (Handle Security Incidents and Services) (SEC-ICM-1003-1.1)
3. Threat Observation (Recognise Terrorist Threats) (SEC-OBS-1002-1.1)
4. Crowd and Traffic Control Management (Conduct Crowd and Traffic Control) (SEC-SOP-1004-1.1)*
5. Deterrence (Perform Security Duties at Protected Areas and Protected Places) (SEC-ICM-2001-1.1)*
*Does not constitute as the modules required for the full qualification for Certificate in Security
The following courses are offered online:
6. Security Operation Compliance (Perform Supervisory Duties within Legal Framework) (SEC-SOP-3011-1.1)
7. Capability Development (Induct Security Personnel) (SEC-PDV-3001-1.1)
8. Performance Management (Lead and Manage a Team of Security Officers) (SEC-PDV-3003-1.1)*
*Does not constitute as the modules required for the full qualification for Advanced Certificate in Security
9. Security Operation Compliance (Manage Security Agency within Legal Framework) (SEC-SOP-4011-1.1)
10. Conflict Resolution Management (Manage and Resolve Conflict in Security Environment) (SEC-PDV-4002-1.1)
11. Capability Development (Achieve Work Effectiveness in Security Environment) (SEC-PDV-4001-1.1)
12. Manpower Planning (Develop a Security Manpower Deployment Plan) (SEC-SOP-4008-1.1)
13. Performance Management (Manage Performance of Security Personnel) (SEC-PDV-4003-1.1)
14. Manpower Planning (Manage Recruitment and Selection of Security Personnel) (SEC-SOP-4008-1.1)
1 April 20: Are you aware that eligible Singaporeans can use their SkillsFuture Credit Top-up of $500 (SFC2) for SII’s security courses and workshops from 1 Apr 20? There is no need to wait until Oct 20 to upskill yourselves. Boost your employability in the growing security industry with our programmes! You can read more about SFC2 on SSG’s webpage here: https://www.skillsfuture.sg/credit.
2 April 20: SII is pleased to announce the trial introduction of an accelerated version of “Recognise Terrorist Threats” course at the Temasek Polytechnic Campus. Instead of completing the course in 3 days (2 days of training at 8 hours per day and assessment on day 3), trainees will be able to complete the training in 2 days (12 hours on day one, 4 hours on day two and assessment on the afternoon of day 2). The accelerated classes are from April to September 2020 and will be scheduled in the 3rd week of every month. Please view our course calendar for the dates here.
18 Mar 2020: The Workfare Training Support (WTS) scheme will be replaced by the Workfare Skills Support (WSS) scheme from July 2020. The qualifying income cap for the WSS will be $2,300, an increase from the $2,000 cap for the WTS. The training allowance for self-sponsored trainees under the WSS will also see an increase from $4.50 to $6.00 per hour. The Training Commitment Award (TCA) for Full Qualifications (FQ) will be raised from S$200 to S$500, while the annual TCA cap will also be upped from S$400 to S$1,000. Please see the report from Channel News Asia (CNA) here for more details.
21 June 19: Participants who have attended SII’s conference, masterclass and workshops will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points, leading to the renewal of certifications by the Security Association Singapore (SAS). Please visit the SAS website here for further information.
22 May 19: The “Professional Conversion Programme for Security Professionals” is now available at SII. This is a career conversion programme targeted at job seekers who are Professionals, Managers, Executives and Technicians (PMETs), including mid-career switchers, to undergo skills conversion and move into the security industry. Both job seekers and employers are welcome to participate. Please click here for details.