- Introduction to Laboratory Accreditation and Relevant Standards
- ISO/IEC 17025 Management Requirements
- ISO/IEC 17025 Technical Requirements
- Accreditation and Assessment Processes
- Implementation of a Laboratory Management System
Modes of Assessment
- Assignments (Theory/Project/Practical) – assess student’s understanding of key concepts covered in lectures, their ability to solve the application questions and their ability to apply concepts to questions on in various topics.
- Tests/Quizzes – measure students’ understanding of key concepts and application of concepts learnt for each topic.
- Class participation – assess student’s attitudes towards learning in terms of active participation in discussions.
Upon successful completion of the modular unit, students will be awarded a Statement of Result which can count towards the attainment of the Specialist Diploma in Laboratory Management and Instrumentation