- Describe the roles and key challenges as supervisors.
- Apply effective recruitment, selection and orientation.
- Analyse the major theories of motivation, compensation and benefits
- Apply the performance appraisal process
- Apply training and development to enhance employee performance
- Explain the appropriate strategies to manage conflicts effectively.
- Describe disciplinary actions and employee grievance procedures effectively.
- Demonstrate the ability to conduct employee counselling with the use of effective counselling skills.
- Describe the characteristics of effective teams to enhance team effectiveness.
- Describe the requirements for effective management within the legal and industrial relations framework of Singapore.
Modes of Assessment
- Online quiz
- Individual assignments
- Final Examination
Upon successful completion of the modular unit, students will be awarded the Statement of Result which can count towards the attainment of the following courses: