The SkillsFuture Work-Study Programme for the Biomedical Science sector is a 12-month work-study certificate programme leading to the part-time Diploma in Applied Science (Aquaculture).
This is targeted primarily at fresh ITE graduates who want to deepen their skills and knowledge in the Aquaculture industry and operations. With Singapore’s drive towards AgriBusiness, there is a huge demand for graduates with skillsets in these areas.
Upon completing the 2 skills-based Modular Certificates (MC) under this programme, participants should be able to:
- Apply basic concepts and principles of aquatic nutrition and feed development for various aquaculture species
- Understand common causes of aquatic animal diseases transmission, identification and methods for diagnosing aquatic animal diseases
- Apply the range of practices in managing broodstock, spawning aids, timing in production of juvenile animals, and hatchery hygiene
- Apply concepts and principles of aquatic systems for recirculating systems in an aquaculture farm
- Apply knowledge and skills on water quality and treatment in aquaculture systems
Participants can expect to have attractive salaries upon completion of programme because their skillsets will be in high demand. Moreover, there are well-defined career progression pathways for this area. Hence, there will be many opportunities to further upgrading and skills-deepening in their careers.
Participants have the option to take up the remaining 3 skills-based Modular Certificates (MCs) to obtain the part-time Diploma in Applied Science (Aquaculture).
Please see Course Structure for more information.