At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Define employee complaints and grievances.
- Identify the causes of employee grievances.
- Elaborate the grievance handling procedures.
- Define discipline and the role of supervisor in employee discipline.
- Describe the factors to consider in employee discipline.
- Define counselling.
- Explain the differences between coaching and counselling.
- Describe the benefits of counselling.
- Identify employees’ problems that require counselling.
- Apply the relevant counselling skills to manage different employee problems.
- Identify the common pitfalls in counselling and ways to avoid them.
Participants who complete the following suite of MLCs will be eligible to apply for exemption to part-time Diploma in Security & Fire Safety Studies upon successful admission into the programme offered by Temasek Polytechnic, subject to the approval of the polytechnic:
- Talent Acquisition & Management
- Employee Grievance, Discipline & Counselling
- Motivation & Team Management
Upon successful admission, they will also be granted full exemption in the Managing People module.
(Please note that successful applicants will only be eligible for ONE module exemption in this programme)
Mode of Assessment
Tests in the form of Multiple Choice Questions / True or False – measure participants’ understanding of key concepts and application of concepts learnt for each topic.
Participants will receive an electronic Certificate of Completion issued by Temasek Polytechnic upon completion of each MLC.