At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the challenges of the workforce which affect the supervisor’s role.
- Identify the importance of compensation system in attracting and retaining employees.
- Describe the major components of a total compensation system.
- Describe the major causes of conflict.
- Explain the different conflict management strategies.
- Describe the concept of team.
- Identify the characteristics of effective teams.
- Identify the benefits of teams to individuals and organisations.
- Discuss the positive aspects of diversity.
- Identify major types of diversity and diversity issues at the workplace.
Participants who complete the following suite of MLCs will be eligible to apply for exemption from part-time Diploma in Security & Fire Safety Studies upon successful admission into the programme offered by Temasek Polytechnic, subject to the approval of the polytechnic:
- Talent Acquisition & Management
- Employee Grievance, Discipline & Counselling
- Motivation & Team Management
Upon successful admission, they will also be granted full exemption in the Managing People module.
Mode of Assessment
Tests in the form of Multiple Choice Questions / True or False – measure participants’ understanding of key concepts and application of concepts learnt for each topic.
Participants will receive an electronic Certificate of Completion issued by Temasek Polytechnic upon completion of each MLC.