After the workshop, participants should be able to:
1. Understand the importance of Analytics in the workplace
2. Perform basic data preparation using Excel
3. Create interactive dashboards for data visualization using Excel
4. Appreciate the capabilities of Analytics software tools
Introduction to Analytics
- What and Why of Analytics
- Skill set for Analytics
- Applications of Analytics
- Data Preparation (including hands-on exercises)
- Analyzing the nature of raw data
- Handling duplicates, missing values and inconsistencies
- Converting between format
- Data Exploration (including hands-on exercises)
- Slicing and dicing of data
- Creating interactive dashboards
- Predictive Analytics (including demonstration of software tools)
- Transforming data
- Training and testing the model
- Prescriptive Analytics
- Deploying the model
Introduction to text mining
Participants are encouraged to bring their own devices for the training, with at least Microsoft Excel installed.
Additional software to be installed, if required, will be made known to participants one week before the actual training to enable participants to download and install them on their laptops.
Datasets used in the Hands-on exercises will be sent to participants earlier if feasible, or given to participants on the actual day of training.
This will enable the participants to return from the workshop with all the necessary software and datasets to enable them to start exploring how to use BA in their work.
Each participant will be given a set of training materials which comprises presentation notes and exercises used in the hands-on sessions.
- SAS – a leading analytics software used by Fortune 500 companies
- Power BI – an easy-to-use Reporting tool that allows analysis of data via queries / drill-downs
The list is non-exhaustive and TP reserves the right to adjust the software showcased in the actual workshop.
Participants who meet at least 75% of the required course attendance and attempt the assessment will be awarded the Certificate of Performance.