1. Describe the role of statistics, its applications and the basic statistical terms.
2. Apply graphical and computational methods to describe qualitative and quantitative data.
3. Explain the basic concepts of probability.
4. Apply discrete probability distributions.
5. Apply continuous probability distributions.
6. Apply point and interval estimates.
7. Apply hypothesis testing techniques.
8. Apply simple linear regression analysis.
Modes of Assessment
Continual Assessment 100%
Upon successful completion of the modular unit, students will be awarded a Statement of Result which can count towards the attainment of the Diploma in Engineering (Operations & Systems Management).