The Library is open to current TP students, staff and members. Entry is by facial recognition to authenticate authorised members. The Library reserves the right to inspect the contents of bags and cases brought in to the Library.
- All personal mobile devices must be turned to silent or used with head- or earphones. Individuals who disturb others with disruptive noise will be asked to leave.
- Smoking is not permitted in any part of the Library. Individuals found smoking in the Library will be asked to leave and be reported to the School’s General Office.
- Individuals are expected to show respect and consideration towards other library users and must leave library resources, equipment, and furniture in good condition.
- Individuals found damaging and/or removing library materials or property from the library premises without authorization will be reported to the authorities.
- Individuals must adhere to copyright rules and not print or photocopy more than:
o 10% or one chapter of a book; or
o one article per magazine issue; or
o 10% of the total number of bytes of an electronic work.
- Individuals may not reserve seats in the Library.
- Individuals may not rearrange or move any furniture in the Library.
- The library card or other such cards used by member for borrowing library materials is not transferable. Loss of card must be reported to the Library immediately.
- Any change of personal particulars/contact addresses must be reported to the Library immediately.
- Loan privileges will be suspended if library fines are not paid or if library materials are not returned.
- Members should bring to the attention of library staff any damage or defects in Library materials before borrowing and should not attempt to remedy the defects themselves.
- Members must return all library materials on loan to them before they withdraw or resign from Temasek Polytechnic.
- Members are responsible to make good any loss or damage to library materials on loan to them, or being used by them in the Library.