Commercial cultivation growth recipes of leafy vegetables and fruit vegetables
Species specific customization of LED grow lights for growth recipes
Functional plants (nutrition on demand)
Good Agricultural Practices for indoor farming, greenhouse farming and container farming
Modular plant growing systems – plants on demand for home users
Optimization of plant growth cycle of leafy greens
Formulation of cosmetics, nutraceuticals and pharmaceuticals
- Tissue and cell culture techniques to overcome incompatibility barriers, such as wide crosses and embryo rescue
- Use of genetic bridge intermediates, translocation breeding and advanced pollination procedures
- In-vitro fertilization followed by generation of seedless varieties, microspore culture for haploidization, interspecific grafting, production of inbred and hybrid lines
- Use of zinc finger nucleases (ZNF), TALENS, and CRISPRs as mutagenesis agents, cisgenic, and whole chromosome transfers
CROPS also conducts contract and collaborative efforts on plant improvement via basic and advanced traditional breeding methods. Here, GMOs are obtained using recombinant DNA techniques and methods for genetic modification (or genetic engineering) that are distinguished from those via traditional breeding.
Non Chemical and Non GMO Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
Diagnosis of plant pest and diseases – Prediction, Prevention and Protection.
Digitalized diagnostic platforms
- Technologies to improve the handling systems (especially packaging and cold chain maintenance) of horticultural perishables and assure their quality and safety.
- Re-evaluation and assistance with socioeconomic constraints, such as inadequacies of infrastructure, poor marketing systems, and weak R&D capacity
- Edible formulations and biodegradable technologies for enhancing post-harvest shelf life of agricultural produce.
Develop formulations and productization of nutraceutical products.
Product testing and process optimisation in the production of stem cells and conditioned media
Efficacy testing of stem cells in cosmetics involving following assays:
- Cell proliferation assays
- Cell viability assays
- Cytotoxic assays
- Scratch assays
- 3D Matrigel assays
- Collagen synthesis