The Centre of Innovation for Complementary Health Products (COI-CHP) at Temasek Polytechnic is a one-stop centre that promotes and advances evidence-based approaches for complementary health products. Our scientific work aims to support companies in the fields of Traditional Medicines, Health Supplements, and Functional Foods, enabling them to gain an edge and stay ahead in a dynamic and growing industry.
The Centre of Innovation focuses on scientific work involving Traditional Medicines, Health Supplements, and Functional Foods
Profiling and Analysis
- Chemical profiling of CHP for QA/QC
- Analysis and authentication of active compounds
Validation and Stability Studies
- Testing, validation, and certification of CHP products
- Evaluation of CHP product stability and shelf-life
- Product efficacy studies using animal models
GMP Training and Consultancy
- Modular training courses in GMP for CHP companies
The COI-CHP is equipped with state-of-the-art analytical equipment housed under key facilities including the Agilent Partner Laboratory @ TP, and a chemical and microbiological testing facility.