Complementing our Agri-Food Technology Cluster, we have developed a whole suite of diagnostic platforms to support the agriculture, aquaculture and food industries. These include an optical immunoassay (OIA) for food pathogens and fish iridovirus; and a high-temperature resolution melting (HRM) multiplex assay for shrimp pathogens and meat speciation.
TP deploys a multi-disciplinary approach towards the development of BioMEMS (Biomedical micro-electro-mechanical systems) based healthcare devices and systems and continuously grow our research & development (R&D) capabilities in biosensors, microfluidics and wearable healthcare sensors. Projects we have worked on include microfluidics-based point-of-care devices for detection of sepsis and hand foot mouth disease; and a paper-based diagnostic kit for detecting gout and kidney injury markers.
- Development of diagnostic platforms and devices for agriculture, aquaculture and food industries
- Novel multiplex High resolution melting diagnostics platform
- Biological testing
- Development of BioMEMS (Biomedical micro-electro-mechanical systems) based innovative devices for healthcare applications
- Development of biosensors for point-of-care diagnostics
- Development of microfluidics based point-of-care device
- Wearable sensors development and validation for healthcare applications
- Testing and development of anti-viral and anti-bacterial respirators and materials