TP deploys a multi-disciplinary approach towards the development of BioMEMS (Biomedical micro-electro-mechanical systems) and flexible electronics-based healthcare devices and systems and continuously grow our research & development (R&D) capabilities in biosensors, microfluidics and wearable healthcare sensors.
Projects we have worked on include microfluidics-based point-of-care devices for detection of sepsis and hand foot mouth disease; a paper-based diagnostic kit for detecting gout and kidney injury markers; and a flexible pressure sensor based Traditional Chinese Medicine Pulse Analyzer.
We have a dedicated pool of food scientists, nutritionists, and chefs to support companies through a whole range of applied research and consultancy services related to healthier food product development, formulation of plant-based protein/alternative meat products, Glycemic Index and efficacy testing, nutrition intervention/clinical trials, culinary application and technology translation.
Notably, we have successfully supported many companies develop, validate and launch a range of healthier food products, including low GI products, in Singapore and the region.
- Biosensor and microfluidic-based platforms and devices for human health diagnosis and monitoring
- Diagnostic platforms and devices for food industries
- Novel multiplex High resolution melting diagnostics platform
- Biological testing
- Flexible and wearable sensors for health analysis
- Antimicrobial devices and materials
- In-vivo and in-vitro GI research and testing
- Applied nutrition research and consultancy, including community nutrition, sports nutrition, geriatric nutrition, nutrition intervention studies and surveys
- Food product development and technology translation, including carbohydrate research, ingredient applications for food additives, development of low GI, functional, plant-based meat products for health and well-being, sensory evaluation, quality assessment and shelf-life studies
- Advisory on food labelling and claims
- Culinary applications, including recipe development, test-bedding and food styling