At the end of this whole course, you should be able to:
- define and describe the nature of accounting.
- understand the accounting process.
- explain the main purpose of accounting.
- define the terms: assets, liabilities, owner’s equity, revenue and expense.
- explain the basic accounting equation with its 5 basic elements.
- understand the effects of transactions on the accounting equation / balance sheet.
- appreciate the basic debit and credit rules in accounting.
- explain the principle of Accounting entity
- explain the double entry principle
Mode of Assessment
Tests / Quizzes
Participants will receive an electronic Certificate of Completion issued by Temasek Polytechnic upon completion of each MLC.