At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the organisation’s customers (internal & external) in the value chain.
- Describe roles and responsibilities of a representative of a service team.
- Explain the rationale for good service.
- Explain the importance of continuous improvement of a strong service culture.
- Prepare a customer service vision & philosophy model.
- Identify contributing factors to customer dissatisfaction.
- Identify suitable techniques and strategies for handling difficult customer situations.
- Explain the concept of a service guarantee.
- Explain elements of service recovery strategies.
- Distinguish excellent service from good service.
- Combine integrated and innovative techniques in service to improve business.
- Propose ways to say “no” to customers in the right way.
Mode of Assessment
Short formative quizzes.
Group discussion/sharing – measure participants’ ability to reflect and apply learning and active participation in discussions. This will include photo or video uploads based on topics covered.
Participants will receive an electronic Certificate of Completion issued by Temasek Polytechnic upon completion of each MLC.