Sec School and ITE Students
Just for you...
Enrichment workshops, short courses, lab tours and career talks are conducted for secondary school and ITE students. Designed to equip participants with new skill-sets in the latest technologies in specific engineering domains, these complimentary activities also provide a quick insight into the exciting world of engineering today!
Here are some of the activities that we have lined up for you!
+ Visits to Centres of Excellence
Add a visit to one of our labs and Centres of Excellence (the nerve centres of technology research & development in our School), as part of your itinerary when you visit us:
- Robotics & Innovation Centre
- Clean Energy Research Centre
- Healthcare Engineering Centre
- Digital Fabrication & Additive Manufacturing Centre
- Advanced Manufacturing Centre
- Physics Demo Lab
- Engineering Demo Lab
+ Advanced Elective Modules (AEM)
Sign up for an AEM (Advanced Elective Module) to enrich your secondary school curriculum:
- Behind the Scenes: The Making of Electronic Gadgets
- Introduction on to Aviation & Aerospace
- Appreciating 3D Printing with Mechatronics
- Smart IoT Devices and Virtual Reality
- Sustainable Design and Management
- Innovative and Fun Engineering
Participate in one of our hands-on workshops and get a sneak preview of what our students learn:
(Note: Due to safe distancing measures, some of these workshops may be conducted virtually; please check with us for more info).
- Built Environment Workshops
- Introduction to Digital Architecture
- Design Your Zero Energy Classroom
- Fun with Light and Shadow Simulation
- Peek into Sustainable Architecture & Engineering
- Visualize Like a Built Environment Professional
- Facility Management with BIM
- Aerospace & Aviation Management Workshops
- Introduction to Aviation Management
- Appreciating Aviation & Aerospace
- Healthcare & Biomedical Engineering Workshops
- From Genome to Proteome
- Healthcare Analytics – Basic Supervised Machine Learning
- Make Your Own Paper Soap
- Biomedical Online Simulation Games
- Programming/Electronics/Robotics/Automation Workshops
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA) – Build a Robot Responder
- Making Things Smart
- Programming and Control Made Easy
- Introduction to Python
- Fun with Cobots
- Fun with Electronics
- Learn To Program a Micro-Controller in 2 Hours
- Build a Rain Water Detector
+ Engineering Olympiad
Participate in our Engineering Olympiad, and stand to win a TP scholarship for your diploma studies at Temasek Polytechnic, worth $3,000 per year. For more information, click here.
+ Outreach Talks
Teachers, do you want to organise an engineering career talk or exhibition for your students? Get in touch with us!
+ Polytechnic Preparatory Programme
A special course designed for ITE students. For more info, click here.
CATALOGUE OF ACTIVITIES
To view our catalogue of available activities for sec school and ITE students, click on this icon:
HOW TO SIGN UP
Students who wish to participate in any of the above activities, should liaise with your school teachers who will make the necessary arrangements with us.
For general enquiries, please contact:
Ms Lily Sing
Tel: 6780 5406