Why CIPP/E and Why should I care about GDPR?
- Companies that serve EU customers are subjected to GDPR, even it is outsides of EU geography.
- Companies whose clients are EU companies. Your EU customers, to protect themselves and to exercise proper due diligence, will demand that its vendors / data processors demonstrate ability in GDPR compliance
- Individuals who are appointed Data Protection Officer (DPO) in companies that serve EU customers
- GDPR is a “gold standard” which most country referenced and based on in enacting or enhancing their data privacy laws.
- GDPR can be used as a framework to harmonise data protection policies and practices across different countries where the company operates, especially in countries whose data privacy laws are lacking
- CIPM plus CIPP/E is a unique credential that you are equipped to fulfill the DPO role guiding and your company in GDPR compliance and implementation.
What is in CIPP/E
CIPP/E is jointly developed by IAPP and law firms (eg. Bird and Bird, Field Fisher, et al) which comprehensively cover the scope of GDPR from data privacy laws, key concepts and terminology, cross-border data transfer, and practical aspects of personal data protection.
In this course, we will delve into many interesting and eye-opening data breach cases with multi-millions fines, lively discussion on topics such as the implication of the invalidation of EU-US privacy shield, Privacy by Design and Default, AI and data ethics, trend and development in data privacy laws, exercising one’s privacy rights, selling one’s personal data for money, and so on.
THE NEW 2022 PROGRAM
In year 2022, the exam voucher is unbundled from the course fee. This offers more flexibility and choices to interested participants.
If you only want to learn the latest in data protection but do not want the stress of exam, this course suits you well.
If you are already certified and want to update your knowledge with the latest development in data protection and connect with more data protection professionals, this course suits you well too.
EXAM VOUCHER PURCHASE
If you want to take the certification exam, no problem!
You can purchase an exam voucher from our training partner, Young Technology Consulting Pte Ltd. More information can be found on their webpage. It will also come with complimentary IAPP sample exam questions (costs US$35 if purchase separately); IAPP Body of Knowledge (BOK) and IAPP Exam Blue Print (EBP) which are essential for preparing for the certification exam.
We will share the details with you during registration if you express an interest to take the certification exam.
The course fee includes:
- Digital copy of participant guide
- Digital copy of text book
- 1-year complimentary IAPP membership (for new members only)
- Supplementary reading materials and references
Offered in partnership with
- Data privacy or protection officers, especially in MNC, EU based organisations, or companies with business dealing with EU
- IT or Cybersecurity professionals (eg. CISO, CISSP) who want to broaden their expertise and keep up with relevant aspects in the digital economy
- Legal officers
- Risk management or compliance officer
- Internal Audit
- Individuals who aspire to gain an edge in data protection roles with international perspective
|Full Course Fee
|Aged below 40
|Aged 40 and above / SME-sponsored
|Singapore Permanent Residents
|SME-sponsored (Singapore Permanent Residents)
SkillsFuture Credit Approved. For more details, please click here.
This course is eligible for payment by PSEA.
SMEs which sponsor their employees for training are to email the completed Company Sponsorship Form to SIIEvents@tp.edu.sg in order to enjoy SSG’s subsidy.
Please note that participants should achieve at least 75% of attendance and sit for the assessment at the end of the course. Participants who fail to meet the requirements will be withdrawn from their funding eligibility and participant/company sponsor will be requested to make payment for the difference in the course fee, which is the funded amount.
Wong Kar Hong
Chief Consulting Director,
Young Technology Consulting Pte Ltd
Kar Hong has 30 years of experience in Operations and Information Technology (IT), from Geographic Information System (GIS), Hotel technology Management to IT Governance and Data Protection.
He was a National Computer Board (NCB) scholar and started his career with NCB in Geographic Information System (GIS). He then joined Ericsson China as IT manager and Ericsson Asia Pacific as regional SAP project manager. He was IT Director for InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) China for 6 years. Upon returning to Singapore, he was appointed the IT Governance Director for NOL. Subsequently, he was appointed Group Operations Director for FCS System, a company that supplies software to the hotel industry with about 2000 hotel customers in Asia.
He has also taught as adjunct lecturer at NUS (Chinese EMBA), Korea Yonsei University (EMBA), Singapore Institute of Technology, and IHG Academy for General Managers.
Kar Hong has a MSc in Bioinformatics (Nanyang Technology University) and a MSc in Management of Technology (National University of Singapore). He was awarded a National Computer Board scholarship to study computer science, economics, and mathematics at the University of Pennsylvania, USA.
He is a Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM) and has a Practitioner Certificate in PDPA (Singapore).
- WhatsApp: 67806361
Monday - Thursday: 8.30am to 6.00pm
Friday: 8.30am to 5.30pm
Closed on Saturday, Sunday & Public Holidays
Security Industry Institute
East Wing Block 1A, Level 3, Unit 109
21 Tampines Ave 1
Temasek Polytechnic reserves the right to alter the course, modify the scale of fee, amend any other information or cancel a course with low enrolment.