- Describe the role and importance of marketing to organisations and individuals.
- Explain the nature of the marketing environment and the marketing process in this environment.
- Describe the importance of consumer buying behaviour and the process involved in consumer buying decisions.
- Use the concepts of segmentation, targeting and positioning marketing.
- the classification of products, the role of branding, product life cycle and its implication on marketing strategies.
- The role and importance of pricing and the pricing approaches.
- Describe the different roles and kinds of distribution channels.
- Explain the process and roles of integrated marketing communications
- Explain the role and importance of Internet marketing
- Explain the concepts of social responsibility and ethics in marketing.
Modes of Assessment
- Group Project
- Tutor Evaluation
- Self & Peer Assessment
- Individual Test / Assignment
Upon successful completion of the modular unit, students will be awarded a Statement of Result which can count towards the attainment of the Diploma in Business Practice (Business Administration).