At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Appreciate procurement’s potential to improve business and organisational performance.
- Understand how risk and value may affect sourcing and procurement strategy and tactics in relations to markets.
- Understand the different dynamics of public and private sector procurement and how this affects procurement procedures and decision making.
- Identify the distinct stages of sourcing, selecting, procuring and managing contracts.
- Understand how consumer demand and expectations drive governance and accountability in sourcing and procurement.
- Appreciate the pivotal role that procurement plays in relation to wider supply chain issues.
- Appreciate the problems of considering logistics functions in isolation.
- Discuss the benefits of creating a single, integrated logistics function.
- Outline the steps needed for internal integration.
- Discuss the benefits of external integration along supply chains.
- Review the difficulties of achieving this external integration.
- Describe different types of external integration.
Mode of Assessment
Participants will receive an electronic Certificate of Completion issued by Temasek Polytechnic upon completion of each MLC.