This year, we also want to celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and curiosity! We look forward to receiving students from all walks of life. If you are curious and thirst for knowledge, we want you! Students and industry are linked very early on at ASC, through industry projects carried out at various centres.
- COI-Complementary Health Products (COI-CHP) – is an innovation centre supported by Enterprise Singapore (ESG), where students can receive training in chemical and biological analyses at our SAC-accredited test labs.
- Aquaculture Innovation Centre (AIC) – is another ESG innovation centre where students can choose to participate in projects involving aquaculture nutrition, breeding, and disease management.
- Centre for Aquaculture & Veterinary Science (CAVS) – is a TP Centre of Excellence that houses a learning enterprise - a licenced animal clinic that involves students as trainees or assistants. It also conducts training such as the Specialist Diploma in Veterinary Wellness Care, and Skills Certificate in Pet Care & Management.
- Centre for Applied Nutrition Services (CANS) – houses the only SAC-accredited Glycemic Index (GI) Research Unit in this region, which covers product formulation to GI testing. CANS also runs the learning enterprise, Bistro Lab - a training kitchen where students commercialise high protein recipes, etc, developed in our labs.
- Centre for Research & Opportunities in Plant Science (CROPS) – conducts research and training in agrotechnology. Using our patented light wavelength combinations, crops can be made functional with increased fibre, anti-oxidants, etc. CROPS is also looking into ways that plants can be modified for better carbon capture.
- Centre for Urban Sustainability (CUS) – specialises in creating new construction materials out of wastes (plastic, horticulture, food). Currently running are two million-dollar research projects funded by the Building and Construction Agency (BCA) and the National Environment Agency (NEA), where students are involved.
ASC also works closely with our Student Development and Alumni Association (SDAA) to nurture sports talents. Our latest being VET student, Darren Chua, who made his Southeast Asian (SEA) Games debut this year and bagged five golds!
On community outreach, FSN student Adeline Tay Gui Fen was awarded the Harvard Book Prize (Singapore) - which recognizes her altruism and encourages others to do the same.
Every student means the world to us, and our strategic industry partners are equally passionate to be a part of our ecosystem. We look forward to another meaningful year of nurturing. If you are passionate enough to learn, we’ll be with you on your journey…
Goh Lay Beng, PhD
Director, School of Applied Science
Dr Chang Siow Foong
(Professional & Scientific Services)
Animal and Veterinary Service
National Parks Board
A/Prof Keith Lim
(Clinical Outcomes, Benchmarking & Value)
Clinical Quality, Performance Value Division
Ministry of Health
Dr Cheng Wen Haur
Deputy Chief Executive Officer & Chief Life Sciences Officer
Wildlife Reserves Singapore
A/Prof Lita Chew
Allied Health, SingHealth
Mr Sng Meng Liang
Aastar Pte Ltd
Mr Mock Siew Fai
General Manager, Plant
Mitsui Phenols (S) Pte Ltd
Ms Lee Choon-Siew
GlaxoSmithKline Pte Ltd
Ms Lee Hee Hoon
Allied Health & Community Operations
Ng Teng Fong General Hospital
Ms Melin Lim
Research Planning & Systems
Integration Division and Urban Food
Singapore Food Agency
Mr Lu Jin Ping
Admaterials Technologies Pte Ltd
Mr Jeffrey Tan
Co-Founder (The New Age Fishmonger)
DISHTHEFISH Pte Ltd
Er. Lucas Ng Hong Kiang
General Manager (Plant)
Petrochemical Corporation of Singapore (Private) Limited